Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I am attempting to read this book slowly.
To absorb it, instead of gobbling the words down, the way I typically read.
I have read these words tens of times.
And want them to be available for hundreds of more readings...

eat, pray, love - elizabeth gilbert

" The other day a monk told me, "The resting place of the mind is the heart. The only thing the mind hears all day is clanging bells and noise and argument, and all it wants is quietude. The only place the mind will ever find peace is inside the silence of the heart. That's where you need to go."
I'm tring a different mantra, too. It's one I've had luck with in the past. It's simple, just two syllables:
Ham-sa.
In Sanskrit it means "I am That."
The Yogis say that Ham-sa is the most natural mantra, the one we are all given by God before birth. It is the sound of our own breath. Ham on the inhale, sa on the exhale. (Ham, by the way, is pronounced softly, openly, like hahhhhm, not like the meat you put on a sandwich. And sa rhymes with "Ahhhh....") As long as we live, every time we breathe in or out, we are repeating this mantra. I am That. I am divine, I am with God, I am an expression of God, I am not separate, I am not alone, I am not this limited illusion of an individual."

No comments: