Saturday, November 28, 2009

A no photo post

Mark returns from his 10 day trip tomorrow, with our camera and card reader. 
I have missed all three,  although it's a tie between Mark and the camera for 'missed the most'. (kidding, sweetie!)
I do have a few pictures to post of everything that has been going on the past week or so (taken with my horrible quality Olympus), but can't as I have no clue where the original cord is. 
So you get words instead!

My Mom did an incredible job with Thanksgiving, as always. It was nice to be with almost the whole family. Corinne, KJ, Carter, and Eric were very much missed. 
I especially loved having so much time with my amazing nephews. It made me miss when I lived just down the street, and spent more time at their house then my own. Some much needed snuggle time was fulfilled with Brady, and I got to catch up with everything that is going on in Robbie and Jacob's life. I don't know who told them they could grow up, but it definitely was NOT me. I hope they know how amazing I think they are. And that they never grow too old for me to hold and kiss them.

After visiting with Melanie, I stayed up way too late talking with my little brothers. Every second I am around my family, I am reminded how lucky I am to have four very unique siblings. Time spent with each one of them is truly a treasure.  
Mom woke me up at 4:30!!!! the next morning and we braved the crowds for black Friday shopping. Despite some stupidity at K-Mart, and me losing my patience a time or two, we made out with some incredible deals and at least a few people crossed off my list (of 20 people!!!). 

Today I spent the day with my Daddy and Bev, helping them decorate the house and set up the tree for Christmas. There is nothing I love more then unpacking box upon box of Christmas tree ornaments and decorations and filling the tree with so many colors and memories. I even made out with a few new-to-me ornaments for our tiny tree at home, as they had way too many for their own tree!
During all of the unpacking, I found a picnic basket full of old photo albums. There were a few photos of me and my sisters that I had never seen before, as well as some photos of my Dad that were a gentle (hah) reminder of what a nerd he is, and of where I get my good looks. I don't think I realized how much I look like him, until I saw pictures of the two of us, around age 2 or 3, next to each other. Talk about clones!!! 
(And speaking of clones, there was a picture of Melanie that could have easily been mistaken for Robbie, were it not for the perm and stick-on earring decorated glasses. LOVE YOU MEL!!!)
I will be scanning these photos and posting them in all their geeky glory for your viewing pleasure in the near future. 

All in all, these past few days off have been such a reminder of how blessed I am. As cliche as it is to say, I have so much to be thankful for. 
Our family may not always get along, and we definitely do not always agree. But there is always Love. And to me, that's what counts the most.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

one of the things i love best about you (and i love a whole lot of things) is how real you are. You are genuine, even if it makes you feel vulnerable, and when I tell you that I think you are absolutely wonderful, gifted, talented, worthy of great things and absolutely completely loveable, I mean it. So quit disagreeing with me. Thanks for hanging out with me when I was being crafty and kind of lame. Hope the homemade Christmas card makes up for it ;)

xoxo
corinne

p.s. thanks for making me call dad