Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Today

It's St. Patrick's Day, or more importantly:
My Mother's Birthday. 
My beautiful, amazing, strong, workaholic Mom. 
The woman who brought me into this world.  
The woman who fought for me, fought with me, worked for me, worked with me, believed in me, believed with me.  
Fights. Works. Believes.


Sometimes my biggest critic, always my biggest fan. 
A woman who has never, never, never given up.  
A woman who infuriates me, and makes me laugh. Often at the same time. 
She who can put up with my mood swings and tantrums like NO OTHER.  
She who has talked me down from a crying fit at 4am. More than once.  
She who has loved me unconditionally.  


My mother, she is an Inspiration.

Today, is to celebrate YOU Mom.
And I know you don't care about your birthday,
but I do.
We- your daughters, your children, your grandchildren - we care.

It will never be enough,
and I will probably never understand how much you sacrificed,
how hard you worked,
how much you put up with from me,
but Thank You.


So much that is good in me, comes from you.

I celebrate your Life,
and I love you.



1 comment:

Brooke said...

I found myself "amening" (if that is a word) to almost every line :) You sure are blessed to have a mom that will ALWAYS love you no matter what!

BTW- How did the homemade brew turn out? I am interested. . .