Friday, December 10, 2010

4 Things

Joining up with Mara and her genius idea.

I'm going to do this "old" and "new" style...

One: Movies
This weather is perfect for huddling under the covers and enjoying a good movie. 
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (old)
Dr. Jack (new)
The Holiday (old)
Alice in Wonderland (new)


Two: Books (in no particular order)
The Liars Club and Lit by Mary Karr (new and new)
South of Ordinary by Jethro Clayton Waters (New, *a great Christmas gift! Amazon.com that!)
Love in the Time of Cholera, rediscovered and still so awesome


Three: Handmade / Etsy:
Etsy is so inspiring, and it is a great place for those hard-to-buy-for people. 
Check out Kristin's shop for some awesome gifts!
Search the 'local' section of etsy for handmade items in your area. 
I will be making a lot of handmade gifts this year for Christmas and buying even more.
I love supporting others who have the motivation and creativity to do what I can't / am too lazy to do.


Four: My Fireplace
If you've been to my home, you know this is where we congregate. 
No picture does it's warmth, homey-ness, and general feeling of well-being, justice. 
I <3 my fireplace. 


What are your four things?



2 comments:

Mara said...

I love all of your four things and I have four things to tell you!

1. Fireplace date when I am home. That is not a question.

2. I want to borrow those books.

3. I need to call you.

4. Damn. I want to be in front of that fire.

<3

Kristin said...

Awww thanks Brit!